Monday, January 6, 2014

The Big Reveal!

Bonnie did the big reveal New Year's Day for the Celtic Solstice mystery.  
All those little pieces  get put together into two very fun blocks.  This one ....



and this one...



All put together form this wonderful quilt with movement and color.



My indoor picture doesn't really show up the circles that these blocks seem to form out of my aqua color.  
(It was too cold and too windy to do an outside shot.)

I intend to make more blocks.  These are 9 inch block and there is a 3 piece border that would add 6 inches to each side.  I am undecided on the final size -  a 5 x 5 layout would yield a quilt 57 x 57 or a 6x6 layout would yield a quilt 63 by 63.

Figuring this out and assembling the remainder of my blocks is my January goal for Another Lovely Year of Finishes.  I will be linking this post up here and to Bonnie's blog.




Happy Stitching!

7 comments:

  1. The pale blue circles are fine as they hint at something that makes you look for more and therefore more interest. Quilt has lovely freshness about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your quilt since it has that soft look that some 30s and 40s quilt have. It is bright but softened. Keep making more blocks; you'll be happier with a bigger quilt since it is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cheerful fabrics!
    I linked up next to you at ALYOF :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Bonnie and Camille colours give your quilt a soft feminine look. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love your choice of fabrics for this!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...