Wednesday, December 3, 2014

FWQ - Blocks 61-63

A relatively quick set of blocks this week.  

#61 - Northern Lights  



#62 - Old Windmill   



#63 - Ozark Maple Leaf 



Now that I am more than halfway (although not quite in the home stretch), I need to think about placement relative to color.  Should I randomly lay everything or have some sort of order - like the reds are in the center?

I am so tempted to start assembling - even bringing them together in groups of 4.   What I am doing is surrounding half of them with sashing strips and setting the other half on point.  This gives me the opportunity to adjust for less than perfect size.  The paper piece blocks which are not at 6", get the sashing treatment and then I can trim from there!





Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting color placement on the windmill...I like it! That would be a good one block quilt maybe?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...