Sunday, January 4, 2015

2014 in review


Happy New Year!!

My two weeks off of work for the holiday break is coming to an end.  No more waking without the alarm, afternoon naps (the best!), and family dinners without having to take or pickup one of the girls from dance class.  There was time for reading, for playing games, visiting with friends and time for quilting, plenty of quilting.   Basically good family time - I just love having my son home from school.

Before I move on to 2015, I want to do a quick review of 2014 when it comes to my big projects.  Many of these quilts were actually started in 2013.

In the first row, there is Dream Big - gifted to my niece - and  Hello Sweetie, which is hanging on the wall in our bonus room right where I can see it while I sew.   

In the second row, there is Middle Sister that I made for my (you guessed it) middle sister and Formation,   I never actually posted a finish for Formation although it features prominently in my circular quilting tutorial on my second blog Elm Street Quilts.


In the 3rd row is my Celtic Soltice, Bonnie Hunter's 2014 mystery quilt and New Hampshire,  New Hampshire was gifted to my aunt.  


Finally, we've got Spring  which was gifted to my other aunt and then a baby quilt called ABC which is about to be sent off to her new baby grandson.


My quilting goals for 2015 are to have fun.  I want to shop from my stash as much as I can.  There is one BOM that I am excited to do -Fat Quarter Shop's Snapshot's BOM.  Very cute designs for each of the block - all would make a mini quilt by themselves!  Purchase of the patterns benefits St Jude's Hospital.  (Image from FQS blog.)  This starts on the 15th!


Another monthly challenge will be from SewCalGal's new site called QuiltShopGal .  This will be another year of FMQ challenges!  I did her challenge in 2012 and really enjoyed it and truly grew my skills.  I still have trouble with the blank canvas issue but I'll keep working on it!  (January challenge is posted here.)


Another Lovely Year of Finishes returns for 2015.   I always enjoyed the opportunity to share a goal each month and see what others were doing.  As a wrap-up, I participated almost every month in 2014.  At times my goal was to finish a quilt - at times the goal was to make some blocks.  

I'll be linking up here for the 2014 Finale Party and built the mosaic looking back through time - (you can see some repeats to my mosaic above.)

Thanks to all of my blogging friends for all of your support, encouragement and creative juices.  You were one of the best parts of 2014!

Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Patty--what beautiful quilts you made last year--way to go, gal!!!
    and thanks for heads-up on the Fat quarter sal for 2015--I had missed it --
    and it is right up my 'alley' and I do love the 'donation' part too--so will be planning to make that one--now to decide on colors!!!
    smiles, di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so great projects! What a fun year! I love so many of these and am excited to see what you come up with next.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...