Monday, March 2, 2015

Back to Grand Illusions - ALYOF goal

Time to finish up my Bonnie Hunter Grand Illusions quilt.  I've got all the outer border blocks completed....



so it is time to finish the border assembly and schedule a trip to the spa for my quilt.

We had TWO snowstorms in North Carolina last week - the last one left us with 6" of very wet snow.   I rarely get to take pictures of quilts in the snow - yes, I know this is actually a good thing - but I couldn't resist snapping a picture of the quilt.


Finishing my quilt top is my March goal and I'll be linking up at Another Lovely Year of Finishes .  

6" of snow looked so pretty that first morning.  Happily, temps were above freezing the next day so melting started quickly.



Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. I have a few friends in NC who love the snow. One revels in it! I, on the other hand, like snow as a concept :) Your Grand is looking Grand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty!! Great job. The snow looks lovely. I cannot imagine dealing with it however. I'm from the Mississippi Gulf Coast and we are lucky to see flurries on occasion. (Not even flurries this year!)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...