Friday, July 31, 2015

Diamonds


I've been playing with a collection of HST that I made using scraps of my batiks fabrics.

This mini is 9 1/2" square.  I did a whole series of straight lines using my walking foot, the distance between them varies but might be described as matchstick quilting.

The finished pieces has such great texture and stability.  I just used a normal piece of batting so it is surprising how much stability it has.

I sewed around the edge of the piece before I started to stabilize and to avoid distortion that tight quilting can bring.


Haven't decided if this is for me or a gift!

I'd be happy to write this one up as a quick tutorial - please let me know if you are interested.

Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!! You can gift it to me😘 I'd love a tutorial for this mini!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...